Headquartered in Columbia, MO, Solar Sam is locally owned with an engaging and entrepreneurial culture focusing on providing various solar options at an affordable cost. Solar Sam sells solar energy systems to residential and commercial locations throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois, serving these markets through installation, service, and maintenance. Fully licensed and insured, with a BBB “A” rating, we are a company with integrity, focused on quality products and service. These elements, coupled with the energy savings and environmental stewardship generated through solar energy, lead to a satisfied customer. We are looking for team members who are interested in growing with us as we grow in our existing markets as well as into other markets within the US.
Solar Sam is looking for a Certified Electrician. The Certified Electrician will provide the technical expertise to lead the installation of residential and small commercial PV systems to ensure that they conform to existing national and local building codes. The Certified Electrician will maintain a state certification in the field of Electrical Journeyman or higher. This position will work with the PV installation crew, filling in and performing other duties when necessary, including leading the crew in the absence of the Foreman.
- Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property.
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes.
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues.
- Work with branch team and homeowners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment.
- Work with local Inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations.
- Interface with branch leadership to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements.
- Must possess a current and valid Journeyman License/Electrician Certification.
- Be able to learn batteries
- Do exterior and interior Main Service & Panel upgrades
- Minimum 4 years of electrical installation and repair experience.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings.
- Able to perform advanced electrical calculations.
- Knowledge of current NEC and ability to navigate it.
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing and how to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Must be willing to work in high places. Our installations are on rooftops, and subsequently, you will be on them!
- Willing to work with and develop apprentices. You will facilitate their success.
- Must maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- Have full range of mobility in the upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday
- Ability to set up, secure, and climb a 20-foot ladder onto the rooftop of various angles and surfaces
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; operate machinery and equipment; and determine the accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on surfaces of various heights and angles
*Must be able to travel, sometimes overnights required*
Monday to Friday and Weekend availability
Solar Sam offers competitive salary and benefits.
Solar Sam and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.