Headquartered in Columbia, MO, Solar Sam is locally owned with an engaging and entrepreneurial culture focusing on providing various solar options at an affordable cost. Solar Sam sells solar energy systems to residential and commercial locations throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois, serving these markets through installation, service, and maintenance. Fully licensed and insured, with a BBB “A” rating, we are a company with integrity, focused on quality products and service. These elements, coupled with the energy savings and environmental stewardship generated through solar energy, lead to a satisfied customer. We are looking for team members who are interested in growing with us as we grow in our existing markets as well as into other markets within the US.
Solar Sam is looking for a Construction Foreman/Lead Solar Installer.
The Foreman/Lead Installer is responsible for working as a contributing member of the solar installation crew, working closely with the Operations/Project Manager and leading the mechanical portions of the solar installation. This position leads, organizes, and performs the safety equipment placement, array layout, racking installation, and module placement. The Foreman/Lead Installer will work as team with the Operations/Project Manager and the Installers to safely and successfully complete residential and small commercial solar installations.
Roofing, Construction, Electrical or Solar Installation Experience required
- Assembling the racking and solar array
- Assembly of equipment along with properly sealing all roof penetrations
- Trenching, concrete work and equipment assembly
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Ability to set-up, secure, and climb a 20-foot ladder onto the rooftop of various angles and surfaces and work on a roof.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Attention to detail
- A good driving record
- Documentation skills
- Professional appearance and client interaction
*Must be able to travel, sometimes overnights required*
Solar Sam offers competitive salary and benefits
Solar Sam and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 – $30.00 per hour
Wear a mask when asked by the customer/property owner or inside the office, when asked, when social distancing is not possible.
Solar Sam and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.