Solar Energy Sales Consultant
Solar Sam is seeking an outside sales representative to join our growing team. Headquartered in Columbia, MO, Solar Sam sells solar energy systems to residential
and commercial locations throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois. Solar Sam serves these markets through installation, service, and maintenance. We are a company with integrity, focused on quality products and service. These elements, coupled with the energy savings and environmental stewardship generated through solar energy, lead to a satisfied customer. We are looking for team members who are interested in growing with us as we grow in our existing markets as well as into other markets within the US.
The Sales Consultant is expected to drive revenue through self-generated leads, working independently to source prospects, create a pipeline and close sales.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and sourcing of new commercial and residential customers for new solar systems, in assigned territory and/or across multiple markets. Attend
shows and fairs to promote brand and develop prospects.
- Ability to conduct sales calls and presentations in-person as well as by phone and through video conferencing.
- Building a continuous pipeline of customers with efforts such as networking, cold calling, and door-to-door sales.
- Accountable to weekly sales goals as well as company performance expectations around product knowledge, communication and presentation skills, and presentation of self and the brand.
- Ability to convert prospects to new clients by listening for needs and concerns, analyzing current energy bills and opportunities for savings, effectively communicating the advantages and benefits of solar energy.
- Seeing projects through to satisfactory completion. Ability to gain referrals from satisfied clients.
- Ability to inspect attic and roof areas, in addition to general lot layout, to determine feasibility of solar energy effectiveness for a specific location.
- Providing service and follow-up after the sale.
- Performing other duties as assigned as necessary for business needs or demands.
- High School Diploma
- Proven track-record of sales and ability to demonstrate sales tactics and approaches.
- Confidence; empathy; relationship-based sales style
- Self-motivation and drive to meet sales goals
- Willingness to be coached; accepts feedback and acts on it
- Strong analytical thinking and planning skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Docs
- Knowledge of SunBase CRM and Sales Rabbit, a plus
- Initial and on-going sales training.
- Onboarding and on-going support by management.
- Flexible Schedule
- Work-life balance
- Incentive Plan
- Ability to climb on roofs and in attics and assess physical layout of commercial and residential structures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; be capable of operating a vehicle safely.
- Must provide own vehicle.
Work environments include: office, driving a motor vehicle, traveling to prospect calls and sales appointments, selling door-to-door, making sales presentations
inside residences and commercial spaces, inside attics, and on rooftops.
Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds, occasionally.
Travel: approximately 80%, for prospecting and sales appointments
Ability to walk on unlevel ground and climb into attics and onto rooftops.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be exposed to attics and rooftops, unlevel ground, hazards while on the residential
and commercial property of sales prospects/customers, and hazards while driving a
- Based out of Columbia, MO office but travel as needed within approximately a 1-2 hour
drive to meet with prospective customers.
Starting salary of $25,000 PLUS commission. Aggressive first-year sales rep could
make over $50,000 in commission.
Solar Sam and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment
decisions on the basis of merit and business need. As an equal opportunity employer,
we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.