Headquartered in Columbia, MO, Solar Sam is locally owned with an engaging and entrepreneurial culture focusing on providing various solar options at an affordable cost. Solar Sam sells solar energy systems to residential and commercial locations throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois, serving these markets through installation, service, and maintenance. Fully licensed and insured, with a BBB “A+” rating, we are a company with integrity, focused on quality products and service. These elements, coupled with the energy savings and environmental stewardship generated through solar energy, lead to a satisfied customer. We are looking for team members who are interested in growing with us as we grow in our existing markets as well as into other markets within the US.
Solar Sam is looking to add solar installers to the team. The solar installer will work on a team to install residential, commercial, and agricultural photovoltaic (PV) systems in a safe and efficient manner. This position will work with the PV installation crew, on roofs, in attics, and in buildings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install panels, racking, and inverters that connect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential and commercial property.
- Run equipment, such as skid steer, auger, mini-excavator, and scissor lift.
- Work as a team to ensure the timeliness of completion as well as safety and cleanliness of each job.
- Maintain a clean appearance and positive attitude.
- Communicate with leadership the project status and requirements
- Work safely and report safety hazards immediately
- Work with Rigid conduit
- Work with solar wiring AC and DC Side
- Complete all required safety and company training
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: 2-years experience -roofing and/or construction
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Must be able to run and transport equipment safely
- Must be willing to work in high places. Our installations are on rooftops, and subsequently, you will be on them!
- Willing to perform work as directed in high-pressure situations
- Must maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Preferred: 2-years experience as electrician
- Have full range of mobility in the upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned jobtasks
- Be able to lift 75 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to set up, secure and climb a ladder, up to 3 stories, onto the rooftop of various angles and surfaces
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on surfaces of various heights and angles
- Maneuver across and through roofs, crawl spaces, and attics
- Regularly work in outdoor weather conditions
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, operate machinery and equipment, observe surroundings, and determine the accuracy of the work assigned
- Must be able to travel, sometimes overnights required
- Monday-Fridays, with weekend availability
$16-$22 per hour. Solar Sam and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment
decisions on the basis of merit and business need. As an equal opportunity employer,
we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.